[10 October 2022]. easyPoints has just released a new update that provides support for Shopify’s new Online Store 2.0 (OS 2.0), as well as an updated widget!
OS 2.0 offers an array of new features and improvements that make themes easier to build, customize, and maintain. Upgrading to OS 2.0 is not mandatory, although recommended by Shopify – this means you can still use your existing vintage themes, but won’t be able to access the new 2.0 features.
If you are unsure if your theme uses the OS 2.0 architecture and want to check, please review Shopify’s instructions here.
Themes running on OS 2.0’s new architecture can begin using easyPoints app blocks and widget without altering any theme code/requiring a developer. Instead, the app blocks are available to use through the Shopify theme editor once easyPoints is installed, and are removed once uninstalled.
App blocks that are available in OS 2.0 are:
- Customer Point Balance - display available point balance for logged-in customers on any page
- Product Points - display obtainable point reward on the product page
- Point Redemption Form - display the point redemption field on the cart page
- Redeemable Point Balance - display redeemable point balance on the cart page
- Tiers Rank Advancement - display the required spend amount to unlock the next tier on the cart page
We have also launched an updated widget that offers more customization options to better match your brand. Find more details about the widget here.
For any questions or additional information, please contact our representatives at email@example.com